There are many expert consultants dedicated entirely to helping others improve their appearance. Below is a collection of the most common items that come up for discussion during my workshops.
- Do not wear excessive jewelry, loud prints, or colorful shoes that create competition for attention
- Avoid strong perfumes/colognes
- Remove change from pockets so you do not jingle it unintentionally
- Make sure your belt is through all the loops in your pants
- Check your teeth & face after meals
- No gum, mints, or anything else in your month while speaking – they can fly out and cause an awkward moment
- Check all your buttons
- Position all coat flaps correctly
- Straighten your scarf or tie
- When in doubt, dress conservatively
- When speaking to a larger group, be sure to wear something that has a lapel or place to clip a remote microphone
- Check your zipper(s)
What can you add to the list above?